Dance with me

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just Some Thoughts on a Saturday Morning

I feel bad that I haven't blogged for awhile. This has been a busy week and I have been sick. I really don't like to take medicine and tried to avoid the antibiotic part of it but only got worse, so I am now taking an antibiotic. I even felt so bad yesterday that I had the nurse that I work with give me a steroid injection before I went home. I had the best night's sleep that I have had all week and this morning I feel better than I have for awhile. Okay, it is good to take medicine when you need to. I just don't like the overuse of meds that our society has gotten into. I think we doing harm by overusing antibiotics and steroids and many other things. But there are times that you have to use them and I think that I waited a little too long before I succumbed to the cure.

_________________________________________________

I just finished reading "The Summer of My German Soldier". I read it a long time ago and gave it to Lucy for her birthday and wanted to read it again after she read it. This book takes place during WWII in the deep south. Powerful story about making family for yourself and survival. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It is by Bette Greene. I want to go to the library and check her other novels.

________________________________________________

Ann is coming this week and I can't wait. I can't wait to sit and talk and walk and talk and eat and talk and introduce to my friends and talk. You think that we have some catching up to do?

________________________________________________

Tim's Uncle Claud passed away this week. We just saw him this summer at a family reunion. It was good to get to know him better. We tramped through cemeteries together and he was a trooper....fun to be with and lively with conversation. I know that his family will miss his presence. I love how he spent the day on Sunday. He went to church and then out to lunch and then had a bad headache and went to the hospital. He had a major stroke and then was in a coma. They took him off life support on Tuesday and he quietly passed away. I love that up to the last minute he was living his life. He had been a Church of Christ minister. That had been his life and that is how he spent his last coherent hours. God is good.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Glad you are feeling better today. Wish I could be a fly on the wall and listen to all the talking next weekend.Have a great visit!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mary Kate said...

I saw "Reign Over Me" last night with Crista.... *very* good

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger julie said...

I am glad that you liked it. I thought it was an excellent movie. See you tomorrow.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I can't wait either. I need to run away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home