Dance with me

Monday, February 05, 2007

Sorry

Sorry that it has been so long since I have posted anything. Life has been busy and transition can be taxing. Sorry. Sorry.

I have been thinking lately about a weird thing...I have been missing certain kinds of packaging....you know the kind that brings back a fuzzy memory of something from your childhood or whenever....

Do any of you remember...
graham crackers wrapped in waxpaper
bandaid wrappers that you had to pull a tiny impossible red string to open
bandaids that came in a tin
Nestle's Quick that came in a tin with a little round lid that you had to pry open with the end of a spoon
sodas in bottles with bottlecaps...not twist off
lifesavers also had a little red waxed string...you wanted to be able to pull it off just perfect

Can you think of anymore?

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

How about when it didn't take a bomb squad to open a bottle of asprin?

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

Having my tonsils "painted" with mercurichrome! That is a really old one and I shutter to think we really did that, but we did.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mom said...

I thought Nestle's Quick came in a tin with a round lid. When did that change? What do they wrap graham crackers in? I never noticed they changed those things. Oh well.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger julie said...

Hey Peggy, good to "hear' your voice.
I know that I will be thinking about more of these examples over the next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home