Dance with me

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Nancy Pelosi

The first woman Speaker of the House. I have only ever heard Mr. Speaker. How cool to finally hear Madame Speaker! We watched the shift of power and I was duly impressed. I loved that she had all the children in the chamber that day come down and touch the gavel. Her grandchildren had requested to touch the gavel and since they requested, she thought that all the children would love to touch it. What an incredible memory for all those children. She carried her self with poise and dignity. She thanked her family for encouraging her to move from the kitchen to the House. I love it when families encourage their members to use their gifts.
Do you think there is someone in your family who should run for office?

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

My sister and her husband would be a good pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home