Dance with me

Friday, December 08, 2006

Keep Praying for Sarah

They are meeting this morning with a team to doctors to talk about Sarah. Her family will all be there. She has several masses now and some lymph node involvement. They can't give chemo now because she can't walk or sit. I hate this grim news. Please keep praying.

I am going out for a walk right now. I slept a little too late because I was up late making cookies. I like to make cookies for the neighbors but I feel like this year it has new purpose. Thanks Sally Morgenthaler. Sally is my friend but recently she was interviewed by Wineskins and she talked about how churches shouldn't have new programs. New programs aren't working and keep us from doing what the work of the kingdom really is. She challenged us to spend the next 6 months getting to know our neighbors better. Find out their stories. Know their names. Eat some meals with them. I think that Sally is right. This is the work of the kingdom.
Today as I walk I will pray for Sarah and her family, my own family and my neighbors and that our relationship with our neighbors will grow.
Look around your house and your neighborhood. Who lives beside you? across the street? a few doors down? I am challenging you to get to know your neighbors over the next 6 months and see how different your neighborhood will feel when June rolls around. You may have some new fascinating, life-enriching friends. You may know Jesus in a new way because these are his people.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I have some of the coolest neighbors around. I have the advantage of 11 years in the same house. I like it that I know so many of them. It is easy to get too busy with an organization, whether church or PTA or the Club. I agree that we need to look around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home