Dance with me

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Work and Prayer

I worked 29 hours over the last two days. I feel like I have been run over by a very large truck right now but those hours at work were not as bad it might seem this morning. We were busy but we also had a great time while doing it.

I went down for a soda from the vending machine in the morning. It is one of those machines that has the little shelf that goes up and the soda drops onto the shelf and then is delivered to the little chute to send it out to you. My Diet Coke fell and then from the next shelf came a Dr. Pepper. I got two sodas for the price of one. I gave it away when I got back to the floor.
Later in the day I was going to go down to the lab and one of the other nurses wanted a soda....everyone said that she should have me get her a soda because I had been so lucky before. I got her a soda and it didn't seem that anything special was going to happen and then the change dropped down and I had 4 dollar coins and 3 quarters. There should only have been 3 quarters.
Maybe I should have played the lottery that day.


Update about Sarah...
She had another surgery on Sunday and has been unresponsive since. On Thanksgiving day they are going to put in a trach and a g-tube.
Her doctors are amazed and said that most people would've died after all these events and she is hanging on. She is amazing!
Her husband, Scott, has been praying Psalm 40 for her. "I have waited patiently for the Lord, He inclined and heard my cry. Her brought her up from the pit, out of the mire and clay. He set her feet upon a rock, and her footsteps firm. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. She will sing a new song."
Let's pray that with Scott for Sarah. She is precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home