Dance with me

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sarah's Gone but We'll See Her Again

This is from Sarah's husband, Scott. Sarah left this world this afternoon leaving in her wake her faithful husband, four beautiful children, loving parents, a dear sister, and two precious brothers and many, many more friends and family. Just can't believe it.

MONDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2006 03:16 PM, CST
I want everyone to take heart.
This afternoon Sarah slipped away through the great divide that separates our world from God’s kingdom in Heaven. Sarah loved the Lord more than anyone I have ever known. And she loved everything about the life that God entrusted her with. A few weeks ago when Sarah was whispering to me she said the following while gesturing about the immediate world around her, “It’s more than about this. It’s not just about this.” When I asked her what she meant she said, “Life was not just about this physical body, and the physical world in which we live.” Sarah and I both believe this with all of our hearts. My children believe it too and know they can one day see her again in Heaven….but - only by putting their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Please read on:
Romans 10
9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
11For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."
Hebrews 11
11. With respect to the promise of God, she did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God
Revelation 21
4And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."
5And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new " And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."
6Then He said to me, "It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.
7"She who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be her God and she will be My daughter.
God has definitely been glorified through Sarah’s life and even in her death. I want you to know that she never wavered in her love and devotion for her family, and especially for God!
For those who would like to attend, there will be a “Celebration” Service this Thursday evening, December 14th, 2006 at 7:00p.m. at the Fairfax Church of Christ.
3901 Rugby Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
(703) 631-2100
I ask that you please continue to pray for Sarah’s family and especially for our four little children; Hannah, Noah, Jonah and Rachel.
Still your humble friend and brother - Scott
2 Corinthians 4:7
7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves.

5 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger T'auna said...

I am sorry. I am praying for her family and for you! Missed you last night

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
Close your eyes and feel my arms while I hug you. I pray for Sarah's family and for you.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Oh, Julie. I'm so sorry. Praying for comfort, for her family and for you. I love you.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I'm so sorry, Julie. I know this has been a hard year for you - too many losses. But take heart, this is not all there is. The best is yet to come. Imagine - the glory of the Lord - to see His face and fall at His feet - beside all our friends.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

A life lived well.
A life devoted to God and family.
I am so sorry for the pain you and Sarah's loved ones face, but I know through faith that she praises in the presence of the Most High and faith has become sight. Sometimes it's possible... even proper, maybe, to celebrate through our tears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home