Dance with me

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bad Mother Award

Okay, today I could receive the bad mother award. I forgot Lucy's orthodontist appointment. I could give you all my excuses and I am but the fact remains that I forgot to pick her up from school for her appointment. I worked late yesterday and I went to a going away party for me and two other nurses and Tim let me sleep in this morning. Tim drove carpool for me so I could sleep. I am in transition in my job situation and so my mind doesn't feel very clear. As I said, I forgot her appointment completely. I had to reschedule after Lucy called me from school and asked where I was, that she was waiting for me to pick her up. Bad mom.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

That's a pretty good bad mom. Do you get any credit for all the ones you remembered?
If you are a bad mom, then none of us are good. At least you have a lot of company.
I do hate it when I miss though.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

There is also the flip side...
When we make a mistake with our kids, it's a BIG opportunity. They get to see we make mistakes and how we handle ourselves afterward. All of us are human, so I need to show my kids I can be humble and apologize. Then maybe it makes more sense when I ask it of my kids.
There is no doubt in my mind about what Lucy saw from her mom after this mistake.
Love you.
C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home