Dance with me

Friday, January 26, 2007

Being Myself

My friend, Jen Lemen, blogged recently about her self that she has kept hidden and she made me start thinking. What parts of yourself have kept hidden? I know there are those verses of scripture that talk about the parts that should be hidden but I don't think this is about what should be hidden...it is about those things that we have hidden and shouldn't. Did I lose you in my circular reasoning? Sorry...
The girl that I have hidden can be very silly, likes to wear her hair in braids, loves her bicycle, will sing loudly with just about any song, likes to decorate a little over the top, enjoys cutting and pasting, loves to paint with watercolors, could spend a whole day in the art gallery, can read a novel in an afternoon, can't get enough of the outdoors...hiking and gardening or just looking at the amazing world, loves to write late at night, could sing to a baby all night, thinks that skipping is the most fun way to move from one place to another, loves to write on the walls, could also sing praise songs and hymns until she has no voice left....
I think you get it....
Tell me about the girl or boy that you have kept hidden.

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Mom said...

I didn't think that part of you was hidden. That's the Julie I know and love.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Ditto.
That girl isn't hidden. She's buried in all the debris of life responsibilities.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger julie said...

I was just beginning to feel her emerging as I was returning from Mexico from the medical mission trip. My traveling companions told me that I looked like a little girl returning from summer camp. Braids, jean jacket, funky glasses, a little dirty and very tired...I liked that little girl returning from summer camp feeling.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Katie said...

That's the Julie I know and love, too. I've sung with you till we don't have voices, seen the results of your cutting and pasting and late-night writing, traded books with you (and we both devour them), and been silly with you. I didn't know about your love for art galleries, though. Perhaps I'll post sometime about my hidden self - it may not be as hidden as I think, either. :)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

My little boy loves the outdoors, especially the wilderness. He can spend a whole day fishing without catching anything and be perfectly happy, but is even happier when he does catch something. He loves rocks, and could spend months in the wilderness investigating them without tiring of it. He has learned to love babies and children and is elated when the children at church hang around him for hugs. He has read several good books many, many times. He is sporadically artistic and likes Bedate' and Van Gogh. He has a severe weakness for anything spicy. He prefers a hug to a handshake. He eats M&Ms when no one is looking. He struggles with spirituality, especially sometimes with the "want to" part. He is mechanically gifted but a bit lazy around the house. Sometimes he treats others with more love than his family. He is passionate about sharing the bread and the wine. He loves his small group with intensity, and hates to be away from them for long. He avoids high profile situations and people, but isn't really sure why. He likes to do things for people anonymously, but likes praise, too. He loves finding oil and gas for a living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home