Dance with me

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ann

She is beautiful, funny, gracious, compassionate and she calls me her friend. Yesterday was her birthday and my life would be missing something wonderful if she had not been born. I love that we can talk for hours or possibly days and never run out of words for each other. We have worked together at solving the world's problems but they never quite seem to be solved. We have mothered each other's children and fiercely love all those children and would protect them from anything...including each other. Children love Ann..she makes them food that they like, involves them in games and crafts, reads books with them and to them, and laughs and laughs with them. I love to watch her in the sand at the beach...digging a moat for a sand castle, gathering shells with a net out of the surf, playing in the waves, and sitting beside me eating a sandy lunch and talking. I love how she listens to me....hears me and supports me and is honest with me about what I am doing. I love to sing with her...praise songs, old hymns, The Indigo Girls (especially in concert), The Dixie Chicks and songs from The Four Bitchin' Babes. I love watching her survival techniques. We have survived many of life's storms together. We have argued and made it to the other side. We have traveled many places and had more than our share of adventures...but I plan on many more.
What I wish for Ann for the next year...
peace, fun, love, adventure, courage, beauty, a deep spiritual walk, comfort, and more time with me....because I miss her.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

sniff
I love you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home