Dance with me

Monday, June 15, 2009

Sigma Theta Chi

I just had 3 amazing days with my Siggie sisters in Colorado! The weekend is so hard to put into words. Barb let us stay in her beautiful cabin with awesome views of the mountains. We had more food than we could possibly consume in one weekend. We pulled out old photos and spent hours trying to figure out who some people were in the pictures. Some of those pictures are incriminating and that made them even so much funnier. I did expect there to be more of us but I believe that the 7 who came were led by the Spirit to be there.
I can close my eyes and still see all their faces. I could have seen them in some random place and I would have recognized them immediately. They are all still beautiful and in many ways more beautiful than college days. We have all journeyed to where we are but are survivors. Survivors who have walked through the deep waters but we were not alone. We all told parts of our stories to each other and even now the tears come as I see those faces again as they shared and seeing the others' faces as they took in those stories.
We laughed at all our old inside jokes and made new ones.....Santa Fe, Frisky.....
Sunday morning we shared communion with each other. Shelley was right. That is a communion that I will always hold in my heart. Hearing all of those voices praying and looking each other in the eye as we said, "The body of Christ broken for you." and holding our communion cups up as in a toast as Barb looked us in the eyes and prayed sweet words over the blood of Jesus.
I am so glad that I was there. I am exhausted but full. Full of memories and full of the love that I received from these amazing women.
Shelley and Barb, now I am going to say this right....If you hadn't organized this, we wouldn't have had such an amazing weekend and we wouldn't being feeling this contentment this Monday morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Mom said...

I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home