Dance with me

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More




Stephanie just put up pictures on facebook of our EOX weekend in Colorado. I have been thinking about our time together ever since I left all of them. Stephanie is right. It has been hard to put into words what that weekend meant to me. None of us were best friends from college...well, maybe with the exception of Paula and Stephanie....but the rest of us were friends and were tightly connected with each other through other friends. We had many shared experiences and remembered mostly the same people. But... the connection with each one of them is so strong.
When I look at the picture I see their stories but even if I didn't know them, I would look at them and see beautiful women with light in their eyes.
I also look at the picture and wonder why they are my friends. How did that happen? I never felt like I measured up to their greatness. And yet, they have always made me feel more beautiful, more talented, nicer, and more loved than I actually am. How do they do that?
I don't want to go so long before we see each other again. I like feeling beautiful, talented, nice and loved. Who wouldn't? Wouldn't you love for them to be your friends?

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I find it interesting that you don't think you are beautiful, talented, nice and loved or that you measure up to their greatness. Julie Danley you are an exceptional woman - a truly exceptional woman with a heart that holds the world. I'm just happy that you're my friend.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You make me feel beautiful, talented, nice and loved - all the things you truly are. So glad you had a fantastic time with your friends.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I have a friend like that. Even though she moved to Texas, she makes me feel like a better person than I think I am.
Thanks Friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home