Dance with me

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wow

I sat down at the computer this morning while I was waiting for my breakfast to be ready. It is early and I was up way too late and I am feeling like I should go back to bed and sleep for the rest of the day. I was feeling like I was sleepwalking and suddenly outside there is a huge racket. All kinds of bird sounds and so much movement. I look out and see baby bluejays that are being fed by their mama and they are fussing through it all...isn't that just like a bluejay. The bluejays are in a tree. On my patio are two baby mourning doves and their mama. They are quieter and keep walking close to their mama. In the grass are baby sparrows. I haven't seen their mama but she could've come by while I was typing.
Okay, it was worth getting up at this time.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger John said...

Everytime I see a bird I think of the scripture that tells us not to wory. That God the father watches over them. Therefore how much more important am I to Him. Makes the day that much better. Enjoy your noisy neighbors.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

We have a momma finch in a bird house I purchased (it wasnt' really suppose to be used, just for looks, but these finches like this house.) This is the second year they have settled in.

Year before last, we could hear the baby finches chirping in the house but never saw them. The mother is preparing the house now. I hope to hear the chirping of little finches soon.

BTW, I love birds and watching them. They are fascinating to me. But bluejays are mean!

We also have a wren couple who nest somewhere close because they are always around. They use to sit on the inside rim of our porch on cooler nights.

Enjoy your day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home