Dance with me

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Favorite packages

Some of my favorite packages or gifts from friends or family have been those that have been spontaneous and not on my birthday or Christmas or Mother's Day or any other holiday or occasion. I received one of those packages yesterday. It was from one of my most intimate friends. She sent me a package from Amazon...that helps in making it one of my favorite packages. But the best part of these kind of packages are the messages sent with them. I once received a package from my friend, Steve Gilbert, and inside was Anne Lamott's book Traveling Mercies and the note said, "I sent this to you because you will get it." I did get it and loved it and have reread it a couple of times.
This package from yesterday had this note:
To my spiritual friend: Religion is for those who fear hell; spirituality is for those who have already been through it. I love you! Ann
The note, again, was the best part of the package. Not that I wasn't excited about the contents (a book-Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World, and two CDs- Seal IV and Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield). I love what she sent me and I am anticipating reading and listening but don't our friends words of affirmation mean more to us than anything that they could buy for us or even make for us.
Words are powerful and I love them. I had stenciled quotes in almost all the rooms of our house in Maryland. I just love a well-turned phrase or just one that makes you think or just makes you smile.
What words have moved you lately?

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Your words move me.
I wish I could take credit for thinking up that "well-turned phrase." I saw it on a t-shirt and it struck me. It has come to mean more to me as I question my religion and my spirituality.
I knew you would "get it."
I love you too!
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home