Dance with me

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Cats!

No. not the musical!

Right now our cats are lucky to be alive. Well, maybe one of them is lucky to be alive. Our old cat, Mystic, has begun to pee and poop all over the house. I thought it had stopped and everything was clean and smelling normal again but no....yesterday she peed in my bathroom, tonight she peed in my bedroom and in the family room under the computer table. I admit that I am ready to kill her. Mary Kate is afraid that I might do just that. I am so ready to give it up. Ready to get rid of the cat or make her live in the garage or with someone else.
I am not a true animal lover. I know that having pets is good for a family but I hate the mess that they make. Our house would be so much cleaner if we didn't have pets.
Any advice out there? Any advice that is doable? I don't have the time or the energy to do anything crazy right now to make this better.
Anybody? Please help.

8 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger John said...

In all seriousness, I have a friend who puts diapers on her dog. They have them out there for cats as well, if you're interested in going that route.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger stacie said...

Hmm. We had that problem once - the cat became an outdoor cat. There's something you can put in the litter box to make it more appealing - Cat Attract or something. Although the diaper idea sounds interesting. :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Have you talked to the Vet and told them you are ready to kill the cat?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger julie said...

Tracy, they might call cat protective services on me. Then my children would be so mad at me.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger BrenOaks said...

I am with you on the pet thing. I loved our 2 dogs when we had them. My husband is gung ho about getting another one. I am just happy with keeping up with the kids! :)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

oh no... and I was considering a Christmas kitten! (shh though it's a secret!)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger julie said...

Ann, don't do it!! I will talk you down if you need me to.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Mary Kate said...

ann, she won't talk you down... she'll make you afraid for your own pets. i speak from experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home