Dance with me

Friday, July 06, 2007

The Wedding Day

I am sitting here at the computer on my last night in Coeur D'Alene with my feet resting on a bag of ice. The ice feels great on my feet. I had been standing on heels for the most of about 8 hours. I had to be at the wedding site by 4:00 pm and that meant being at the boat by 3:30 to make it across the lake. I loved the boat ride and wished that we had spent more time out in the middle of the lake. I had to be early for a sound check. I was singing with the groom's brother and we hadn't rehearsed at all. He was playing his guitar and we were singing Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing. It went well. It was cool to sing outside beside the lake. They had us on microphones and they had a great sound system...so, I think they made us sound even better than we really were.
The wedding was beautiful. I am not saying this because it was Lera's wedding...it truly was the most beautiful wedding that we have been a part of. The ceremony was intimate and full of love for each other and their families, centered on God and that God truly is the one who joins us in marriage, the setting was gorgeous, the bride was radiantly beautiful and the groom tearfully joyful. A.J. was so incredibly caring with his grandparents and so full of respect for his parents and his older brother. The dancing was fun....some of it brought tears and some was just crazy silly. Ken wrote them a funny song to the tune of Heigh Ho Heigh Ho It's off to work we go...funny! The families blended well and enjoyed each others' company. I fell in love with two new acquaitances...A,J.'s mom, Jane, and one of the bridesmaids, Jasmine. Instant connection kind of people.
So sad to say goodbye to Drew again. I feel like there is never enough time. Good to see him interacting with other people and with Ava.
So fun to be able to spend time with Brittney, Corey and Ava. They are good parents and Ava is a riot. She loved the lake with Corey and Lucy. She slept through the wedding and then entertained everyone at the reception.
This morning was fun and relaxed before the wedding craziness started. Brady met us for breakfast and we ate at this adorable little bakery close to the hotel and then headed to the beach. I still hadn't resolved the bathing suit issue....so, I was dressed in stretchy black capris and a t-shirt. Brady, Mary Kate and Lucy got in the water and I couldn't stand it that I was missing out on the fun...and with a little persuasion from Brady, I got in, in my regular clothes. The water was cold but great. So glad that I decided to get in.
Tomorrow, on to Yellowstone.

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You wore heels? For 8 hours? Is that a record?

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I can't wait for the pictures!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger kendanley said...

Actually, it was "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, let's wed in Idaho...."
and by the way, did you see anyone pick up my handwritten lyrics. It was my only copy and I've misplaced them. Lera was so nervous about my playing a song. I'm just glad people laughed and didn't make me feel like a bonehead.
Thanks for these reflections and, again, for being there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home