Dance with me

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Spokane, Washington

Today was an endurance test. The last day of driving and we were so very tired of sitting. We drove through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and into Washington. Wyoming was my favorite. Missoula, Montana is a cool college town with amazing mountains all around. We stopped at a tourist spot that had teepees set up and a whole western village.
As soon as you drive into Idaho you are suddenly way up high and the curves start. We were driving straight into the sun...so, we would be behind a mountain and then come around the curve and the sun would hit you straight in the face. Hard driving. Tim was the one driving and I will admit that it made me nervous.
We picked up Corey, Brittney and Ava tonight at the airport. Ava immediately let me hold her and we talked while Corey and Brittney were getting the luggage. Ava was so exhausted but still animated. I can't wait to have more time with her over the next few days. We weren't sure if they were going to be on time because their flight out of Charlotte was delayed because one of the flight attendants hadn't shown up. One flght attendant not showing up for work messed up so many other people's day.
Drew is here already in Coeur D'Alene. We haven't seen him yet because we couldn't get anyone to answer their cell phones at the lake....so frustrating to be so close and not be able to make contact and not know how to get to where they were.
I wish that I could describe the trees here to you...I know that I can't do it adequately....they are so tall and so thin and so graceful looking. I don't know what kind of trees they are but they are breathtakingly beautiful.
We rode for most of the day right beside the Yellowstone river...so enticing....and so many activities going on in the river....cows standing in it, tubing, kayaking, and flyfishing. It made us want to get out and join them. I wish there was time to stop in all the little towns and see all the cool things going on in them.
Tomorrow....more time with family and the fourth of July on the lake in Coeur D'Alene...also the dreaded swimsuit shopping.
Sorry if this doesn't sound coherent but it is extremely late Texas time and just late Washington time. The sun is up here and very bright before 5:30 am.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mom said...

You're defiantly not in Abilene any more.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I love that you're keeping us posted on your trip. I imagine that will slow down now that you're with Ava! It all sounds beautiful and interesting. I want to go on a road trip. I definitely need to get away!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Have so much fun! We miss you guys!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

Memories are the sunsets which backlight our lives. Sounds like you're making good ones! God's blessings on your trip.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You & Ava have a special connections. She will always come easily to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home