Dance with me

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wickett's Remedy

I just finished reading another book. It is by Myra Goldberg and titled Wickett's Remedy. Myra also wrote Bee Season. I am loving her writing. She is creative and brave. This book is about the flu epidemic during WWI. She tells this story with so many sides....articles, sidenotes in the margins...mostly from the dead, letters and the story that is told in the traditional way. At first I thought it was distracting but just became natural as I read more.

If you haven't read Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks about the plague...you should.

Don't know why I like sickness books. maybe because I am a nurse.



Prayer request: Stephen Bailey's nephew Connor Brown (in high school) was killed yesterday in a car accident and his niece Bailey Brown was seriously injured. Bailey is supposed to start at ACU this fall. Please pray for full recovery and for comfort for this sweet family.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

"Year of Wonders" was great. So sorry about the tragedy.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You always have great book recommendations, Julie. And I will pray for that family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home