Dance with me

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Texas Ranch House

Have any of you been watching Texas Ranch House? Okay, I already told you that we are a nerdy family and here is one of those nerdy things that we love. We really don't like reality TV but we do like Public Television Reality TV. We watched Colonial House and Frontier House and now we are loving Texas Ranch House. They put real families in situations that try to mimic another era. They are given roles to play and clothes fitting for that period and are only allowed to use what would have been available during that period. I don't remember the time period that they have to stay but it seems like 3 months. We loved Colonial House and found the families in Frontier House were way too whiney. So far, Texas Ranch House has been okay but I still think they need some help choosing their families to participate. I think it would be so much fun to be one of the families. Who would you want to be on the ranch: a cowboy? ranch owner? rancher's wife? foreman? cowboy cook? girl of all work? Native American? Buffalo soldier? Who would you like to be? Or better yet, what era would you like to spend 3 months in?

1 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Julie - I have to say I'm pretty happy to be living in the here and now. I would probably be one of those "whiney" ones who would really miss the necessities, uh, I mean luxuries of home and 2006. I was totally fascinated by pioneers when I was a kid, but I really "got" how hard their lives were.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home