Dance with me

Monday, May 01, 2006

Just Rambling

I am still on the diet but had regained some around Easter...frustrating!!! l can do really well on ordinary weekdays but the weekends and special events throw me off. I am back to the loss of 14 lbs. but haven't done very well the past two days. I will have to start being good again tomorrow. Once off track, I have a hard time getting back on. At this point I know that I need to keep losing for my own wellbeing. I am not really concerned about the looks part but I am concerned about my health. I want to live a long time and there are still so many things that I want to do and experience. I think that as a society we make women concerned about their looks but aren't as concerned about their health.

Do you ever have those days when you just don't feel as good about yourself as you usually do? Do you wake up that way or does it hit because something happens to make you doubt yourself and your abilities? I was talking today with a friend about this...we both felt like we had days like that but weren't sure what caused it....Satan, hormones, current situations...any ideas?

We have had some good news today but I am not allowed to share it yet. As soon as I can share it, I will. We have been praying about this for a long time and now it has happened. Yay!

I have been addressing graduation announcements for Mary Kate and I am going to have to make some phone calls because too many people have moved. We have phone numbers but no addresses. Crazy!!

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger pawatson said...

Julie - I am addressing the graduation announcement thing. I have run into the same problem, only interestingly enough, it was my siblings whose addresses I didn't have! What does that say about me? At least I still know where my parents live. I have been fortunate to not equate how I look with how I think about myself for a long time, but as a kid, and especially through middle school and high school, it was a problem. Just keep steady on eating healthy and allow yourself a treat occasionally - that way the diet is easier to stick to. You can't link to my blog yet, but you can check to see where we've been this week-end (www.patsywatson.blogspot.com). It's been tough. Missed you Sunday night.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Malia said...

Usually I have just e-mail addresses and old physical addresses/phone numbers. I wonder if it will ever become accepted etiquette to e-mail invites?? Probably not and I don't think I'd want it too either!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

I'm adressing the other thing. I'll have to think of a gift. HeHeHeHe.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger julie said...

So you think you know what it is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home